Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce Prosperity Meeting
November 9, 2017
City Economic Development Happenings
Business Outlook and Trends: Year to date (January through August) 2017 compared to same period 2016.
Business Licenses: 534 Total licenses: 95 more than last year (22%)
137 New businesses: -23 less than last year
77 Home based businesses: 23 more than last year
4562 Total permits: 1100 more than last year (+31%)
$91 Million Total Construction Value: $18 million more than last year (+24%)
Granada Boulevard Corridor Development: (from I-95 - east)
- 1268 West Granada Boulevard. Shoppes on Granada, Phase II. A site plan was submitted for three commercial buildings including an Aldi’s grocery store.
- 720 West Granada Blvd. Antares Assisted Living Facility, the site plan and construction permits for a 124 bed facility has been issued, site work to being soon.
- 1 South Old Kings Road “Ormond Central”. There is an existing fitness center on the property which will be replaced with new retail uses including possible WAWA and other commercial and restaurant uses. Neighborhood meeting was conducted and Planning Board and Commission meetings are required.
- 600 West Granada Blvd. and Tomoka Ave. “Granada Point” retail project with a possible grocer, restaurant, gas station. Plans were approved by the City Commission on September 5.
- 142 East Granada Blvd. (Current Fountain Square Shoppes). Proposal to redevelop this site to accommodate a mixed use development with retail on the first floor and residential units on floors 2-5.
North US I Corridor: (from Airport Road -north)
- 1670 N. US 1, (parcel 0070, 0010): Approximately 17 acre site across from Destination Daytona Lane. Conceptual plan have been submitted to build a 159,000 sf shopping center.
- 1535 N. US1 (site cleanup). New Dunkin Donuts coming.
Residential Development: There are 5 residential projects throughout the City with approximately 887 housing units approved for construction.
Ormond Beach Municipal Airport:
- Runway 8 Extension: - City staff prepared an Environmental Assessment for a proposed 1,000 foot extension to Runway 8 at the westerly side of the Airport. FAA now has to approved the Assessment and the City will then submitted an application to fund the design and construction of the extension.
Airport Business Park:
- 15 W. Tower Circle- Padwell Holdings is constructing their 2nd phase with a 14,000sf manufacturing building on land the City sold in 2014.
- 20 W. Tower Circle- Concentrated Aloe is gearing up to begin the construction of their new 40,000 manufacturing plant on land the City sold them in 2015.
Trails Shopping Center: Plans have been submitted to the City to demolition the current Publix and former CVS buildings and to build a new Publix.
Ormond Crossings: A 3,000 acre planned live-work community located along north US 1 and on both the easterly and westerly sides of I-95.
- City Staff is working with Tomoka Holdings and Security First Managers, LLC for the construction of a 135,000 sf office headquarters on Tract 18 within the Commerce Park portion of Ormond Crossings.
- In March, the City Commission approved Security First Manager’s Growth Assistance Program Agreement for the creation of 285 new high wage jobs over a 5 year period.
- Staff is working with Security First in the approval of the site plan and extension of utilities.
- Groundbreaking is expected in January.
- Occupancy is expected by March of 2019.