Job Title: Office Coordinator
Company: Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce
Job Type: 32 hours a week
Reports to: President & CEO
Summary: To provide overall office and administrative support for the Ormond Beach Chamber and assist the daily operations of the chamber office. Focus is on supporting activities associated with member, business and service accounts including data updates, billings, member correspondence, payment processing and accounting related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Complete any other duties related to the business of OBCC, including, but not limited to, aiding fellow team members toward the goal of giving added value to the membership in the Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce.
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Basic bookkeeping including and not limited to processing payments, deposits, and accounts payable in QuickBooks and ChamberMaster database
- Monthly bank reconciliations and working with Accountant to prepare financial statements.
- Create monthly invoices/statements for membership.
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems.
- Monitor office expenditures and handle all office contracts (lease equipment, office services, etc.)
- Support President & CEO to prepare reports/documents for committee meetings
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders.
- Manage website updates and edits.
- Support meeting and conferencing needs.
- Assist members with onboarding on the Member Information Center (MIC) and prepare letters to members and new member onboarding.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Create Excel, PowerPoint and any other Word documents as needed.
- Welcome visitors and internal employees with a cheerful disposition.
- Maintain a clean and organized office environment.
- Assist in vendor relationship management.
- Staff liaison for Leadership Ormond Beach for support
- Assist with special projects (Events and membership) and in-house events including room set up, clean up, food and beverage needs as requested.
- Assist with attendee registrations and support OBCC programs and events.
- Assist all staff when called upon with assembling packets, mailings, clerical duties, etc.
Education and/or Experience: A high school diploma or GED is required. A college degree is preferred. BS or BA in business administration or similar relevant field.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be successful, the employee must possess:
- Previous working experience as an Office Manager, Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant
- Applicable knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Hands on experience with “back-office” and accounting software
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Multi-tasking aptitude
- Proactive problem solver
Submit resume to Debbie Cotton, President & CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ability to operate office equipment efficiently, including:
- Computer: Windows 10, Microsoft office 365, including Excel, and Outlook
- Copy/ Fax machines
- Postage machine and scale
- Maintain CRM database
- The ability to create and maintain up-to-date files related to assigned projects.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. As the employee will represent the Chamber of Commerce, he or she should present an image of someone who is highly organized, enthusiastic and professional.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- The ability to calculate basic math figures.
- The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- The ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- The position requires a flexible personal schedule, including but not limited to some nights and weekends. The willingness and ability to travel within the Chamber’s service area. The employee will be reimbursed for job-related travel and expenses that are approved by the President & CEO.